Tuesday 10 July 2018

To cancel or not to cancel: That is the question

Doing the opposite can be difficult for many people and I tell you what, it is a challenge and a half at the best of times.

This morning I joined the 6.15am class at the Crossfit gym that I attend. There is no apparent reason for me to do this as I don't have to be anywhere early in the day but I just wanted to challenge myself.

I think the secret of going to an early morning workout is not getting up early but going to bed early. As long as your head hits the pillow at a reasonable hour, then you can get up quite early, especially in the summer. It might be a little more difficult in the winter where naturally, the warm blankets are a better option.

Anyway, what does this have to do with doing the opposite. Well, I went to bed last night and I was considering changing my booking from the 6.15am class to the 7.30am class.

I'm glad I didn't because:

1. Normally I would have.

2. I was able to enjoy my 15 minute walk to the station in nice weather and that allowed me to prepare for the workout ahead.

3. It shows me that the opposite is working

4. I created some more time for myself today.

There you go. Another example of doing the opposite.

What are you going to do the opposite of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment