Thursday 19 July 2018

TINDER

If you are single and unless you are living under a rock you have probably heard of Tinder. Tinder is the dating app, that allows you to swipe right if you like the look of what is on the screen and swipe left if what you see or in some cases read is not exactly what you are looking for.

Yep, some people love it and some people hate but what is undeniable is that it has made a big impact in the dating scene over the last four or five years.

I have used it on a number of occasions in which I will use it for a few weeks and then delete it and then come back and use it after a few months.

What has this got to do with The Opposite?

Well, I have been using recently and what I have discovered (I actually knew a long time ago) is that it is relatively easy to get a woman to agree to meet with you. The difficult part is getting to meet her.

I'll run through a scenario. You swipe right on a woman's profile and to your surprise she has swiped right on yours. You have a match. If you are anything like me, you will probably write straight away. (To be honest, I never understand the theory you have to wait for so many hours in case you come across as needy. Bullshit!)

Anyway, you get a reply in a timely manner and you reply and you have a good conversation and then after a while (not too long) you ask her out and I find that it is usually yes. You arrange a time, maybe a week later and tell her that you will get back to her with a time and place.

When you get back to her, you get an excuse, I can't get out of a work thing or my budgie died or something.

To be fair, usually I will get another time from them which is a good sign but if your schedule doesn't allow it then that's it.

What I have found on Tinder if either party postpones or cancels the initial time, then it is highly unlikely that it will ever happen.

Anyway, that is enough of my rant and let me go back to the original question and what has this got to do with The Opposite?

Well, I have deleted Tinder and I will not go back to it for a year. This is the opposite of what I usually do and you can ask me about it

No more Tinder or dating apps for me. If I want to meet someone, I have to do it the old-fashioned way. This is The Opposite.



No comments:

Post a Comment